Feb 20, 2021
In the development of the automotive mold industry at home and abroad, China's automotive mold industry production and sales demand and transformation and upgrading forward-looking mold technology present the following nine development trends.
1. The position of mold 3D design is consolidated The three-dimensional design of the mold is an important part of the digital mold technology and the basis for the integration of mold design, manufacturing and inspection. Companies such as Toyota and General Motors of the United States have realized the three-dimensional design of molds and achieved good application results. Some methods adopted in the 3D mold design abroad are worth learning from. In addition to being beneficial to the realization of integrated manufacturing, the 3D mold design has another advantage in that it is convenient for interference inspection and can perform motion interference analysis, which solves a problem in 2D design.
2. The simulation of stamping process (CAE) is more prominent In recent years, with the rapid development of computer software and hardware, the simulation technology (CAE) of the stamping forming process is playing an increasingly important role. In developed countries such as the United States, Japan, and Germany, CAE technology has become a necessary part of the mold design and manufacturing process. It is widely used to predict forming defects, optimize the stamping process and mold structure, improve the reliability of mold design, and reduce the trial time. Many domestic auto mold companies have also made significant progress in the application of CAE and achieved good results. The application of CAE technology can greatly save the cost of trial molds and shorten the development cycle of stamping molds, which has become an important means to ensure mold quality. CAE technology is gradually transforming mold design from experience design to scientific design.
3. Digital mold technology has become the mainstream direction In recent years, the rapid development of digital mold technology is an effective way to solve many problems faced by automobile mold development. The so-called digital mold technology is the application of computer technology or computer-aided technology (CAX) in the mold design and manufacturing process. Summarizing the successful experience of application of computer-aided technology by domestic and foreign automotive mold companies, digital automotive mold technology mainly includes the following aspects: ①Design for manufacturability (DFM), that is, considering and analyzing manufacturability during design to ensure the success of the process. ②Auxiliary technology for mold profile design, develop intelligent profile design technology. ③CAE assists in analyzing and simulating the process of stamping forming, predicting and solving possible defects and forming problems. ④ Replace the traditional two-dimensional design with a three-dimensional mold structure design. ⑤The mold manufacturing process adopts CAPP, CAM and CAT technology. ⑥ Under the guidance of digital technology, deal with and solve the problems in the process of mold trial and stamping production.
4. The rapid development of mold processing automation Advanced processing technology and equipment are an important foundation for improving productivity and ensuring product quality. It is not uncommon for advanced automotive mold companies to have CNC machine tools with double tables, automatic tool changers (ATC), photoelectric control systems for automatic processing, and online workpiece measurement systems. Numerical control processing has developed from simple profile processing to comprehensive processing of profile and structural surfaces, from medium and low-speed processing to high-speed processing, and the development of processing automation technology is very rapid.
5. High-strength steel plate stamping technology is the future development direction High-strength steel has excellent characteristics in terms of yield ratio, strain hardening characteristics, strain distribution ability, and collision energy absorption, and its use in automobiles is increasing. At present, the high-strength steels used in automotive stampings mainly include paint hardening steel (BH steel), dual-phase steel (DP steel), and phase transformation induced plasticity steel (TRIP steel). The International Ultra Light Body Project (ULSAB) predicts that 97% of the materials for the advanced concept models (ULSAB-AVC) launched in 2010 will be high-strength steel, and the proportion of advanced high-strength steel in the vehicle materials will exceed 60%, and the dual-phase The proportion of steel will account for 74% of automotive steel plates. Nowadays, the widely used mild steel series based on IF steel will be replaced by high-strength steel plate series, and high-strength low-alloy steel will be replaced by dual-phase steel and ultra-high strength steel plate. At present, the application of high-strength steel plates for domestic auto parts is mostly limited to structural parts and beams, and the tensile strength of the materials used is mostly below 500MPa. Therefore, quickly mastering the stamping technology of high-strength steel plates is an important issue that needs to be solved urgently in the automotive mold industry in my country.
6. New mold products will be launched in due course With the development of high efficiency and automation of automobile stamping production, the application of progressive dies in the production of automobile stamping parts will be more extensive. Progressive die is a kind of high-tech mold product, with high technical difficulty, high manufacturing precision requirements and long production cycle. Multi-station progressive die will be one of the key mold products developed in our country, and the stamping parts with complex shapes, especially some The small and medium-sized complex stamping parts that require multiple punching dies in order according to the traditional process are increasingly formed by progressive dies.
7. Mold materials and surface treatment technology will be reused The quality and performance of mold materials are important factors that affect mold quality, life and cost. In recent years, in addition to the continuous introduction of a variety of high toughness and high wear resistance cold work die steels, flame quenched cold work die steels, and powder metallurgy cold work die steels, it is worthwhile to use cast iron materials for large and medium-sized stamping dies abroad. Concerned about the development trend. Nodular cast iron has good toughness and wear resistance, its welding performance, workability, surface hardening performance are also good, and the cost is lower than alloy cast iron, so it is more used in automobile stamping dies.
8. Scientific management and informationization are the development direction of mold enterprises Another important aspect of the development of automobile mold technology is scientific management and informationization. The scientific management has enabled mold companies to continuously develop in the direction of Just-in-TimeManufacturing and LeanProduction. Enterprise management is more accurate, production efficiency is greatly improved, and ineffective institutions, links and personnel are continuously streamlined. With the progress of modern management technology, many advanced information management tools, including enterprise resource management system (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM), project management (PM), etc., are used in mold companies It is widely used.
9. Refined manufacturing of molds is an inevitable trend The so-called refined manufacturing of molds refers to the development process and manufacturing results of molds. It is specifically manifested in the rationalization of stamping process and mold structure design, high precision of mold processing, high reliability of mold products, and strict technical management. Sex. Refined mold manufacturing is actually not a single technology, the second is a comprehensive reflection of design, processing and management technology. The realization of refined mold manufacturing not only depends on technical excellence, but also depends on strict management. At the end of August 2011, the number of vehicles in my country exceeded 100 million for the first time, and the number of motor vehicles nationwide was as high as 219 million. In 2011, a total of 18.419 million vehicles were produced. It is estimated that by 2020, the number of vehicles in my country will exceed 200 million, and the annual renewal volume will still be as high as 15 million. Together with the annual export volume of about 5 million, the annual output of automobiles will still maintain the scale of 20 million. my country is the world's largest country in automobile production and sales, and the number of automobiles is also expected to be the largest in the world, but it has never been able to produce its own high-end cars. This has a lot to do with the lagging development of the automobile mold industry, which is known as the "mother of the automobile industry" , Auto mold refers to the mold used in the automotive field, known as the "mother of the automobile industry", more than 90% of the parts in automobile production need to be formed by molds, and automobile body molds, especially large and medium-sized panel molds, are used for body manufacturing. An important part of technology is also a key link in the formation of autonomous vehicle development capabilities. Automobile mold products include automobile cover molds, tire molds, interior and exterior plastic parts molds, automobile lamp molds, automobile bumper molds, automobile dashboard molds, etc. In developed countries such as Germany, the United States, and Japan, more than 40% of the products in the mold industry are automobile molds, while only about 1/3 of the mold products in my country serve the automobile manufacturing industry. Under normal circumstances, to manufacture an ordinary car itself requires about 1,500 molds, among which there are nearly 1,000 stamping molds and more than 200 interior trim molds. Affected by the rapid development of my country's automobile industry, my country's automobile mold industry has shown rapid growth and its market capacity has continued to expand. And with the continuous optimization of the industrial structure of my country's automobile mold industry and the continuous advancement of technology, the proportion of high-end automobile mold products in the entire industry has gradually increased. It is expected that the average annual growth rate in the next five years will still exceed 15%.